Friday, December 28, 2012

The Art of Getting By


George Zinavoy: I have no idea what I'm doing here. 
Dustin: I don't think anybody does, at least you admit it. 


One thing a lot of people don't know about me is that I am real sucker when it comes to Emma Roberts. Ha! It's been a long time since I've watched any of her movies(my personal favorite is It's Kind of A Funny Story.... probably post something about it another time!) and I was delighted when I finally found "The Art Of Getting By" online! YESS! Goodness, if someone was there with me, I would probably hug him/her to death because of my happiness.




"You treacherous, sadistic little hussy."

The movie is sad. Not the kind of sad that will make you angry, but the kind of sad that will break your heart and make you cry. I'm a lot like Sally- I don't take life seriously... I am carefree. But you see, I also see a bit of George in me- we have the same perspective in life.

This movie left me so many questions. But that's what I like about it. I like how it made me feel like the characters are real- like after the movie, George and Sally is still out there figuring out what to do with their lives. I know its sounds pathetic... but I really hate endings. Things are supposed to get going, not end.

I read some reviews and most of them said that they hated the ending. For me, the ending was beautiful. I liked it just the way it is- simple.

*And of course, a great movie means.... a great soundtrack! Goodness, it was hard paying attention to the movie because of the music! Haha! Anyway, here's the list of the songs(because I love you guys.. uhm thanks):

And oh, here is Sally theme! :)



2 comments:

  1. You should totally watch We're the Millers if you haven't already! Emma rocked that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Liana!! Thanks for the suggestion. :)))

      xx

      Delete