Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book Review#1: Warm Bodies


I decided not to post book reviews because 1) I suck at doing reviews and 2) (read: laziness). BUT BUT BUT.... I can still do recommendations! I'm not that lazy! Haha. And yes, you are reading my first recommendation post. Hooray yay for that! Lol. As for the recommendation...



Title: Warm Bodies
Author: Isaac Marion

Since this is the last book that I've read(and liked of course), I decided it to be my first EVER recommendation.

Summary (from the book jacket): 


'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories, and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.
Amongst the ruins of an abandoned city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie and she is the opposite of everything he knows - warm and bright and very much alive, she is a blast of colour in a dreary grey landscape. For reasons he can't understand, R chooses to save Julie instead of eating her, and a tense yet strangely tender relationship begins.
This has never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer content with life in the grave. He wants to breathe again, he wants to live, and Julie wants to help him. But their grim, rotting world won't be changed without a fight...


If you are truly a reader of my blog, you'll know the story of how I ended up with this book. If you don't know how, read here.

 I read it because of a movie's trailer and well, plain curiosity. At first I thought it was going to bore me, considering the fact that I am not into cheesy and too-impossible-to-be-even-imagined books- not every time, but most of the time. I am completely shocked when I found myself not just reading the book to satisfy my thirst of curiosity but also because I had completely fallen in love with the way "R" sees the world the "zombie way".

It turns out, the book is not just about a random zombie falling in love with a girl then happy ending then the end. NO. Just no. R is not a typical zombie. He feels sorry for himself most of the time- hoping for the memories that the apocalypse took from him will come back someday. When he met Julie, a human, everything changes.

For a 240-page book, it was quite impressive how it entertained me. It's amazing how it made me sad and then laugh after.

It's a quick easy read.. won't even hurt to try. :) The story is not common-definitely no vampires and werewolves. I just love how Isaac Marion changed things about zombies... they can be cheesy after all!

*This turned out to be a review(not!) after all. What the... Anyway, READ IT! If you happen to find yourself crying your eyes out in a bookstore because you cannot find a copy, contact me. Cry no more... I have a copy!

You can find 'proper' reviews here.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment